Keepers

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
vanblarcumc

Keepers

#1 Post by vanblarcumc »

Can keep 5. Standard $260 auction budget. Here is who I am thinking:

J.Hellickson $8
M.Montero $5
A.Wainwright $2
M.Holliday $37
D.Price $22

Other options:

J.Hamilton $39
M.Moustakas $5
F.Hernandez $32
D.Ackley $5
J.Francoeur $5
E.Longoria $44
J.Papelbon $11

Stick with who I was planning, or keep anybody else? Keeper prices can carry over to eternity. So, no uptick for future years. Going back and forth between Moustakas and Holliday. TIA.

Captain Hook

Re: Keepers

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

vanblarcumc wrote:Can keep 5. Standard $260 auction budget. Here is who I am thinking:

J.Hellickson $8
M.Montero $5
A.Wainwright $2
M.Holliday $37
D.Price $22

Other options:

J.Hamilton $39
M.Moustakas $5
F.Hernandez $32
D.Ackley $5
J.Francoeur $5
E.Longoria $44
J.Papelbon $11

Stick with who I was planning, or keep anybody else? Keeper prices can carry over to eternity. So, no uptick for future years. Going back and forth between Moustakas and Holliday. TIA.

Moustakas but not Ackley?

Personally I would throw Holliday back and keep a cheap, young middle infielder who I think will be 15/15 player with a good batting average this year....and for many years

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

In a format where salaries don't increase you HAVE to find a spot for moose at $5, most likely at hollidays expense.
I would also take a hard look at keeping papelbon, most likely at hellicksons expense.
If salaries increased I would not recommend keeping wainwright, but at $2 forever, you kinda have to keep him.
Good luck

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by SteveB »

I think you have to get Mous and Ackley into the fold at 5 going forward. I would do so at the expense of Holliday and Hellickson. Depending on when they get get thrown out you may be able to get Hellickson back for close to that. Getting a young cheap 3b, and MI arguably t he two weakest positions in baseball PLUS saving 36 dollars for draft day is a no brainer.

vanblarcumc

#5 Post by vanblarcumc »

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, getting Moustakas and Ackley is probably the way to go. Guess I'll cut Holliday and Hellickson. Thought Hellickson was a good price, but Price and Wainwright probably give me a good start on pitchers.