2012 THIRD BASEMEN CONSENSUS RANKINGS

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
deansdaddy

2012 THIRD BASEMEN CONSENSUS RANKINGS

#1 Post by deansdaddy »

Okay - it's that time of year again to start our Consensus Rankings threads on the boards.

Please rank your Top-12 Third Basemen using standard 5x5 rotisserie scoring rules (HR, BA, RBI, SB, R)

Feel free to provide commentary along with your picks.

Scoring will be done MVP style, your top catcher will get 12 points.

If you want to give honorable mentions to those outside your Top 12, feel free.

After we receive enough votes, we'll post the results in a separate thread along with comparisons to the Mastersball rankings.

The MB writers will participate - but we'd like to hear from the masses first.

Look forward to seeing everyone's lists and thoughts.

bahamamike

Re: 2012 THIRD BASEMEN CONSENSUS RANKINGS

#2 Post by bahamamike »

Wow this is going to be tough, and I won't include Miggy, Hanley, Bautista in these rankings even though they will be 3B or played last season.

1. Longoria - 31 Hrs in under 500 ABs, the AVG has to go north
2. Beltre - one of the best when healthy and motivated
3. David Wright - moving in the fences should help
4. Ryan Zimmerman - has seem to be right on the outside of top tier for last couple years now
5. Arod - Had same procedure that Kobe Bryant had, and he is performing, and AROD says he feels great, may be higher if healthy
6. Brett Lawrie - Put up good numbers in 150 ABS
7. Pablo Sandoval - Good all around numbers, worry about power in SF
8. Kevin Youklis - if healthy can put up good numbers
9. Aramis Ramirez - Braun's new mate in MIL, will be interesting
10. Mark Reynolds - almost 40 hrs, but a huge AVG killer
11. David Freeze - lets see if the Postseason hero can carry it in the regular season
12. Mike Moustakas - lets see if he can live up to the hype

This was a difficult position to rank and I wanted to leave out all the none full time 3B players. Seems like a lot of players are coming off injury or disappointing seasons.

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

1. Bautista - He still hit 19 HRs in that 'disappointing' 2nd half where his CT% deserted him. I'll take 38 as a worst case scenario.
2. Longoria - I feel that this is the year he FINALLY puts it all together and gives us something like 280 35/12 95/85
--------------
3. Beltre - He can still be 3rd on the list as long as he avoids an extended DL stint, a short 1 won't matter
4. Zimmerman - I think we see the Zimm of old return and he'll be in the top tier next year
5. Wright - It looks like he's got a strong chance to go down as THE bargain at the position this year
---------------
6. Young - The AVG and ABs are great, everything else is blah, but his consistency/durability put him at the top of this tier
7. Pablo - Health, Upside potential and proven history nudge him just above the next 3
8. Youk - This guy still gives you some of the best ABs in baseball, by far. Only question is how many ABs will there be?
9. Aramis - Maybe MIL has a better training staff than CHI
10.Lawrie - As this ranking suggests, I'd rather be a year late on a guy (in re-draft) than a year early
---------------
11. ARod - my, how the mighty have fallen
12.Reynolds - counting stats galore but an atrocious AVG

Mickey4081

#4 Post by Mickey4081 »

1. Bautista
2. Longoria
3. Beltre
4. Wright
5. Zimmerman
6. Sandoval