Scutaro to Rockies

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Scutaro to Rockies

#1 Post by aburt19 »

Reports say that Scutaro was traded to the Rockies.

I hope that the Red Sox aren't intending to use Aviles at shortstop. I watched him a lot when he was in KC and his
defense and range is not very good. If they do, downgrade all Boston pitchers because their ERA and WHIP will be hurt.

Captain Hook

Re: Scutaro to Rockies

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Scutaro will bat second and play 2B for Rockies

Sawx otoh.....well current plan (if there really is no other trade in place) is to use a combination of Aviles & Punto until they determine they want to play Iglesias there.......Iglesias should be off your prospect/minors list unless you play in a league where you get credit for defensive plays....you can hit as well as he can

BUT they did save $6 mil and got a former first round pitcher that I think will be of value (not now but down the road)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

The rumor is BoSox clearing space under the luxury tax cap for Oswalt, but I keep hearing a little voice whispering Hanley.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Hanley being traded back to Boston would be AWESOME

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by SteveB »

so i know its just rumour but would that shoot up Matt Dominquez's value? I know its the rumour but what else am i goig to do in the 42-43 round?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

HYPOTHETICALLY

Cespedes to CF and Bonifacio to 3B
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

Nothing will increase Dominguez value until he hits a Major league pitch.....or two

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#8 Post by SteveB »

Captain Hook wrote:Nothing will increase Dominguez value until he hits a Major league pitch.....or two

LOL that was a good one CH