Luke Scott to Tampa

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Luke Scott to Tampa

#1 Post by aburt19 »

Reports are that Luke Scott has agreed to a contract with Tampa. The reports say that he's going to be the DH. Tampa
is also supposed to have been talking with Damon, so I could see Scott playing first base.

Captain Hook

Re: Luke Scott to Tampa

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Scott is coming off shoulder surgery but is supposed to be ready for spring training. If so and the contract is price effective Scott would be ideal as the LH DH and as mentioned could play a little 1B if needed (although maybe not early in the year).

A platoon situation would help the Rays get some additional at bats for some of their RH hitters and for Scott's stats decrease his at bats slightly but increase his BAvg so he would have more fantasy value (especially for leagues with daily transactions)

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

So his value is pretty much the same, if not better than it was at this time last year?

TheRunner77

#4 Post by TheRunner77 »

How about the less favorable home park? Also, won't his PT be reduced in Tampa? Add off-season surgery. I'm not that optimistic about him.

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Well he wasn't an every AB guy for BAL either. I can easily see his ABs at least equalling, if not surpassing his totals in BAL. And now he faces Bal's pichers 19 times instead of TBs. Also I think he's in a better lineup now than any lineup Bal ever fielded (prior to last year)

The park factor and the shoulder are still there though, no denying that.