For 2012 - Mike Montgomery or Kyle Gibson

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

For 2012 - Mike Montgomery or Kyle Gibson

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

Al only league and I'm getting my butt beat.

The owner of Mike Moore is willing to trade him and JD Drew for Michael Brantley.

We can keep up to 5 on our roster and 5 minor league players.

My potential keepers are (pre-trade):

Wieters - F - $1
Torrealba - 2 - $4
Kendrick - F - $10
Jennings - 3 - $1
Brantley - 2 - $1
Kubel - 2 - $8

Matusz - 2 - $3
Feliz - 2 - $1

My minor league players are:

D. Jennings (has to come up so listed as keeper), J. Montero, J. Turner, K. Gibson, M. Montgomery.

If we waited for the end of the year I could just backfill Jennings with Moore but he'd rather do it now. I figure Moore replaces either Montgomery or Gibson.

Who should I drop? My choice is Gibson because with an injury we don't know how he'll come back and the others might be shy about drafting him in March - making him an option then.

What do you think?

Thanks... TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: For 2012 - Mike Montgomery or Kyle Gibson

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Without even judging the relative merits of Gibson versus Montgomery, this is a no-brainer with the injury to Gibson. There is even a chance Gibson loses 2012.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Pesumably you mean Matt Moore, Tampa and you should get him Immediately and drop Gibson

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#4 Post by Tampa Bob »

Ah yes, the OTHER Moore. ;) Yep, I meant Matt.

The trade turned out to be Michael Brantley (2 years at a buck) for Moore and JD Drew. I dropped Gibson to clear a spot for Moore.

When I bring Moore up he'll have a 3 year contract at $1 per year.

Thanks for the feedback.

TB
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter