Potential Closers after trade deadline or closer change

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Men-in-Cleats

Potential Closers after trade deadline or closer change

#1 Post by Men-in-Cleats »

In my league the closers and potential closers go quickly after news breaks so I'm trying to earmark a few guys who could help me get some saves in the near future. What are my best chances?

SD: Bell supposedly on trade block and maybe Adams. If both go that leaves Gregerson, else if Bell goes then it goes to Adams (who's owned)
FLA: Supposedly had offers for Nunez leaving either Dunn or Mujica as the possible successors. Cishek an outside possibility as well and he got the opportunity last time Nunez wasn't available.
Reds: Chapman could get a chance if Cordero continues to be up and down.
Col: Heard a rumor that Street could be gone leaving Lindstrom with the job.
Mets: K-Rod gone leaving Izzy, Parnell, and supposedly Beato as an alleged committee.
Houston: Not the most attractive position since they get few opportunities but Melancon has had some shaky outings lately and could give opportunity to Lopez.
LAD: Have Broxton stashed on DL spot but not holding my breath on him being useful. Dropped him for a while when I needed the spot but picked him back up when the spot was open. Guerra has the job now but puts a lot of guys on base and could be keeping the seat warm for someone else as Jansen has pitched well lately (albeit not in high leverage situations).

What are some other opportunities I'm missing and which of these seem most likely to come to fruition?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Potential Closers after trade deadline or closer change

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Some think Soria could be available but I don't see it. Crow would likely be the replacement.

Marshall is the short term guy in Wrigley, but you never know what may happen, maybe Marmol is hurt?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Men-in-Cleats

#3 Post by Men-in-Cleats »

Todd Zola wrote:Some think Soria could be available but I don't see it. Crow would likely be the replacement.

Marshall is the short term guy in Wrigley, but you never know what may happen, maybe Marmol is hurt?
Yes, just missed him but got Wood only to be rewarded with some ER's and baserunners. Crow would definitely get first shot but they've been saying for a couple of years that they could trade Soria but they haven't done it. Don't see it now that they have a team that has played a lot better than the last couple of years.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

The Royals have practically no interest in trading Soria - he wants to stay in KC and is under a very reasonable contract for at least two, maybe three more years (just can't remember).....and before someone says Crow, the management at KC has already said they are moving Crow into the rotation next year (which presents a great stash opportunity in keeper leagues where it would be a reasonable price for next year especially in leagues that don't value MR where he might be available as a free agent)