Nick Hundley

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Pinky
Major Leaguer

Nick Hundley

#1 Post by Pinky »

Any news out there on Hundley? Prior to surgery they were saying 3-6 weeks out. He had surgery a week ago and I can't find anything further about his progress, etc. What is his timeline at this point? Is he a drop for any of these guys- Conger, B. Pena, Mckenry, or Whiteside?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Nick Hundley

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

When your name is Albert Pujols, there will be reports every time you pass gas. When your name is Nick Hundley, and your recovery is expected to be 3-6 weeks, it takes more than 1 week to make news.

From mlb.com

As for keeping him, I'm confused. Is he on reserve? If yes, then do you need to keep a backup catcher? Looks like you can get one if necessary from waivers. If he is active, you've been getting goose-eggs for awhile now, I would have replaced him when he first got the elbow twinge upon returning.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Pinky
Major Leaguer

Re: Nick Hundley

#3 Post by Pinky »

This is a weird league. It is very deep, but there are "useful" players on the WW because we are limited in the amount of add/drops we can have throughout the yr. I was holding Hundley because I thought he might only be out a couple weeks and didn't want to use a drop on him. Now I'm to the point where I am willing to use a burn on him if he's going to be out another month. Yes, he's in my starting lineup right now, but for somewhat "good reason" due to the drop rules. Obviously if I think it's ok to drop him now, I should have just done it previously. Live and learn.