Who to release - Getz or Ryan?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Who to release - Getz or Ryan?

#1 Post by viper »

By my league's rules, I must release or activate Tsuyoshi Nishioka on Wednesday. The only two candidates to get bumped are Brendan Ryan and Chris Getz. I'm inclined to keep Getz as his counting stats are better. Does anyone want to weigh in with an opinion? Nish has shown nothing to date but most sites show him as the better player over the remainder of the season. This is a redraft league.
Last edited by viper on June 21st, 2011, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: Who to release - Getz or Ryan?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I agree - drop Ryan and keep Getz

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Agree with Cap here - don't second guess your thought process on this one - drop Ryan.

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

+3

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#5 Post by viper »

+4
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer