Lillibridge or Peguero or Matsui

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Lillibridge or Peguero or Matsui

#1 Post by viper »

Not three of the fantasy elite but would anyone rank them in a 5x5 AL-only fantasy league. Ignore their position eligibility, just consider their overall value. Two of the three would be active [the other released] and I can manipulate the lineups to make things legal.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Trav The Ump

Re: Lillibridge or Peguero or Matsui

#2 Post by Trav The Ump »

Matsui has been moved by Melvin into the 3 hole and no longer platooning...thats good news. Lillibridge has been En Fuego lately. Peguero can hit some out but I don't think this is the time or place you want him on your roster.

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Lillibridge
Peguero (but he can kill your BAvg)
Matsui (especially if you believe he will play this weekend)

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

any rankings on Matsui should be long term and not just this inter-league play period.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Captain Hook has it right - Lillibridge because he has the right mix of youth and experience and he plays in a nice hitter's park - and Sox keep switching lineups around. Matsui just turned 37 yesterday and he's not playing in a hitter's paradise. Same can be said for Peguero - inexperience and Safeco a very bad mix ....maybe in a few years .... but not now.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

deansdaddy

#6 Post by deansdaddy »

I will go with Perry's list as well - Lilliridge seems like the best bet for the short term for sure as Ozzie is definitely a manager that will play favorites and/or the hot hand. He is exactly the type of player Ozzie loves. His versatility will keep him in the lineup.

Pegeuro has the power, but things are so murky in the Seattle OF. Also, I am not a fan of Eric Wedge when it comes to managing young talent. Granted, as a Cleveland fan I have some bias here, but I just don't think he ever handled any of the young talent he had in Cleveland the right way.

Matsui I think could very well end up somewhere else before the season ends - but I think he offers the least upside of the three.