THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Welcome to the show, Mr. Moustakas ....wow ....another call up out of the blue .....whodda thunk it?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

Re: THE MOOSE IS LOOSE

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

really surprised by this one.....BUT glad since I have him on the bench....wonder what the Royals are going to do with Betemit?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Captain Hook wrote:really surprised by this one.....BUT glad since I have him on the bench....wonder what the Royals are going to do with Betemit?
It appears Betemit and Aviles are/were part of the player type I shall now dub "arbitration placeholders" ... "Thank you for holding down the fort, Wilson and Mike - now go grab some bench ...and Mike? Do your grabbing at Triple A." (I now think Francis and Chen fall into that category as well, but it's different with pitchers and how well their stuff translates ...right, Duffy?).... here's another one - what happened to the 2014 plan??? Or was that a bunch of BS too so the fans wouldn't get on them for leaving these guys behind in spring training? Or were they saying they would actually be winners by 2014? Moustakis, Duffy, Hosmer .... Lamb with TJ surgery ... doesn't that only leave Monty and Myers ( I don't count Colon)?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#4 Post by CubFan »

I also think Clint Robinson deserves to be called up. He is a bit old for AAA (26) but has put up sterling power numbers the past 2 years. The problem is he plays 1B/DH. So, no room at the inn.

Given Moose's K rate is nearly twice what it was in 2010 when he played at the AAA level and his HR's are down as well one would think that he will struggle at least initially in the big leagues. I know Masterball's projections are pretty rosy for him going forward but I don't see how he will hit above .250. A number of owners in our league are really hyping him up before Sunday's FAAB. Some think he will hit more HRs than Hosmer. I don't.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

CubFan wrote:I also think Clint Robinson deserves to be called up. He is a bit old for AAA (26) but has put up sterling power numbers the past 2 years. The problem is he plays 1B/DH. So, no room at the inn.

Given Moose's K rate is nearly twice what it was in 2010 when he played at the AAA level and his HR's are down as well one would think that he will struggle at least initially in the big leagues. I know Masterball's projections are pretty rosy for him going forward but I don't see how he will hit above .250. A number of owners in our league are really hyping him up before Sunday's FAAB. Some think he will hit more HRs than Hosmer. I don't.
Why not? If he has the same number of at bats as Hosmer, Moustakas will hit more home runs.....but that is a big IF because if Moose struggles he could play part time or be sent down......Hosmer isn't going anywhere now