Lucroy

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bubble boys

Lucroy

#1 Post by bubble boys »

Team & league info in signature

I've been holding onto Posada with the hope that on any given day he's going to snap out of it but I think I might be kidding myself. Would anybody drop him & go with Lucroy the rest of the way?

Another reason I haven't made a move yet is that I'm in 1st & I don't want to make a rash move & end up screwing myself.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Lucroy

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Lucroy is going to hit for a higher average than Posada, regardless.

Unless you have a big batting average cushion and need some homers, I can see sticking with Posada, but even that is a risk. At minimum, Lucroy can help your average so you can get power elsewhere if necessary.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

bubble boys

#3 Post by bubble boys »

Thanks Todd, that's pretty much what I've been thinking but now that Posada is pretty much relegated to only hitting against righties I'm not sure he's going to be able to find the power stroke. Right now he's useless in the power dept & he's dragging down my BA.

I'm in 1st in BA by a very slim margin .2754 to 2nd .2747, 3rd .2727

I'm 3rd in HR 77 to 1st 83, 2nd 80

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#4 Post by alleyoops »

As a fellow Posada owner, I'd say go for Lucroy. The way that Posada's playing, less ABs is a definite plus. A well-reputed site still projects 278ab, 11hr, 44rbi, 35r, .258 the rest of the way. I'll take the under on all of those.

Unfortunately, my alternatives to Posada are Hundley, Whiteside, Hanigan, and Varitek. If Hundley was healthy, I'd go that route. Heck, I should probably pick him up and plug him in, just to stop the bleeding on my BA.

bubble boys

#5 Post by bubble boys »

I went back & took a look at Lucroy & Posada's stats over the last 2 weeks (which is when I started thinking about making the switch) & I would have gained 2-3 pts by now. Oh well I finally made the move 2 days ago & so far so good, I already got a dinger from Lucroy while Posada continues to ride the pine.

Alleyoops do yourself a favor & make the move for Hundley now!

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Posada

#6 Post by alleyoops »

Seems all that Posada needed was to be dropped from our roto teams. Hits under .200 for most of the year, loses some ABs, I drop him, and he hits .600 for a week. The Yanks should be paying us for this stuff. :-)

I did re-acquire him in FAAB yesterday (for Hundley). So he'll probably revert back to .200...