Elliot Johnson - Yes I play deep AL only

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Trav The Ump

Elliot Johnson - Yes I play deep AL only

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

Just dropped Casilla MIN to pick up Johnson. I think with Thome back, putting Kubel in the outfield. That moves Cuddyer to 2B until Nishioka is back which means Casilla gets even less playing time than the sparse amount he is getting now. Nevermind when Nishioka is back he might just be out of a job completely. So, I zagged when others zigged and picked up Johnson. It seems like Brignac is lost and Johnson although not stellar stats seems to be at least worth roster filler in my league. What are the chances he can keep the job going forward? The Rays don't seem to have faith in Sean Rodriguez anymore?

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Re: Elliot Johnson - Yes I play deep AL only

#2 Post by alleyoops »

I like your move. Had Casilla in 4 leagues (a BBHQ darling-gone-bad), and am now rid of him in all. Johnson's numbers aren't that bad so far, and his recent minor league numbers are very good. He's getting more PT than Brignac lately, as well. Appears to have great speed, so if he gets moved toward the top of the order (and keeps getting PT), he could be pretty strong, especially in a deep AL only league.

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Looks like you dodged a bullet on Johnson tonight. He left the game after a steal attempt, had an MRI on his knee that showed a strain. Looked like a tear at first.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Elliot Johnson just needs the at bats to give you good numbers and right now he has at least the fat side of the SS AB for Tampa - could be more going forward.

Trav The Ump

#5 Post by Trav The Ump »

In awesome news, 2/3 of my middle infield left games early tonight due to injury! Doh! Lets hope both Johnson and Cuddyer can avoid the DL.