1B free agents

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

1B free agents

#1 Post by alleyoops »

16-team 5x5 mixed h2h. I'm punting HR and RBI. Currently have Barton at 1B, who isn't helping, other than decent in R. FA's are D.Lee, Hawpe, Hinske, Overbay, Mora. See any of these as an improvement over Barton (without counting HR, RBI)?

Trav The Ump

Re: 1B free agents

#2 Post by Trav The Ump »

Completely unrelated to your post, when I read "punting HR's and Rbi's" I almost fell out of my chair. Than I realized it was head to head. Sheesh!

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Not really

Hinske is the only one of them not struggling with BAvg and he is only a part time player. Likely best is to hope that Barton gets back on track

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#4 Post by alleyoops »

I was thinking of maybe taking a flier on Hawpe, who has hit .345 over the last 21 days, and scored 11 runs. Hinske's PT has picked up lately, but he's never hit for much of an average. Hawpe did hit for a decent avg in Colorado (I know, it's Colorado). He's never hit lefties, and if he slumps he could lose his job to Rizzo, but I think he may be a better bet than Barton for me at this point. Lee actually projects the highest of the bunch (in the 3 categories), but he's DL'd and I don't have anyone to spare to add him while still keeping Barton.