Carrasco, McCarthy and Matusz: Pick two

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
special k
Major League Veteran

Carrasco, McCarthy and Matusz: Pick two

#1 Post by special k »

The good news: Still in first in my 10-team, AL-only standard 5X5 league.
The bad news: Ross will soon join the following pitchers on my team who have been disabled: Matusz, Hughes, Carrasco and Braden.
I agreed with the good Captain about Ross over Carrasco, just checking with my earlier related post, now sadly moot.
Now, Matusz is coming back from the DL supposedly next week. I can roll the dice and activate him and put him into Ross's slot.
Ross is now attached to Carrasco under our rules. If I put Matusz in that slot, I lose Carrasco, and keep the pitcher I replaced Matusz with: B. McCarthy.
So the question, sorry for long lead-up, please what do you think: Who will be better the rest of this season: Carrasco or McCarthy?
And are we confident in Matusz? Should I keep both Carrasco and McCarthy instead of him? Our rules will require one be waived.
Thanks.

deansdaddy

Re: Carrasco, McCarthy and Matusz: Pick two

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

I think Matusz has the biggest upside of anyone on your list - so I would go with him and McCarthy and let the chips fall where they may.

The injury to Matusz was not to his arm - so I wouldn't hesitate to stick with the guy who was ranked highest on everyone's lists coming into the season.

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

While I would keep Matusz, I would wait as long as your rules allow before making my move

(I will go with McCarthy over Carrasco) EDITED - well I WOULD have but the A's just put McCarthy on the DL

special k
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by special k »

Ross, Matusz, Hughes, Carrasco, Braden and now McCarthy. Holy crap has my pitching staff taken a pounding. I can wait until Sunday to activate Matusz and may as well. No choice on Carrasco, but speaking of higher rated, most - including Mastersball projections - liked him better than Ross and McCarthy coming into the season. I didn't any longer, but I guess I'll hope we were all right back then.
But I hope I don't run out of spit and chewing gum for my staff ... I'm not religious, but if anyone wants to say a few Hail Marys for King Felix, please do.