Danny Duffy

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
RobDMay

Danny Duffy

#1 Post by RobDMay »

Getting the spot start today and could be here to stay if he pitches well.

50 Desert Eagles

Re: Danny Duffy

#2 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Why am I thinking Beer......

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

RobDMay wrote:Getting the spot start today and could be here to stay if he pitches well.
It is not today, it is Wednesday and it is only for one start - still a must grab if in a keeper leaguer where unowned OR in redraft where you can minors/reserve him when sent down and stash until he is back

50 Desert Eagles

#4 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Saw an interview with KC's GM and he was asked about just one start and he said if he performs well, we will keep him up.....but who knows.

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#5 Post by aburt19 »

I watched the game and Duffy certainly has the stuff to succeed. The radar gun clocked him at 97, although I think that
must have been a "fast" gun because Ogando hit 99 on several pitches. Duffy's control was off, particularly on his
curveball and his changeup. His walk rate in the minors has been good, so maybe it was just first game jitters. The curves
that he got over were effective. But since both the curve and changeup control were not good, the hitters sat on the
fastball. If his control improves, he will be in the rotation for the rest of the season.

I think that he showed enough to get at least a couple more starts. Then it's a matter of whether his control improves.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#6 Post by CubFan »

Watched the game as well. Yes, he had control issues with his secondary pitches. Plus many of his fastballs were up in the zone. Also looked like the home plate ump was squeezing both pitchers on the corners. While it certainly could be first game jitters if he doesn't get his secondary pitches over more frequently I don't care if he's throwing 100 mph, major league hitters will feast on him. That being said he does merit one or two more starts to see if he improves. Certainly can't be worse than Daviess.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -