trade thoughts for Hanley

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
hoosierdaddy

trade thoughts for Hanley

#1 Post by hoosierdaddy »

I am currently in 8th out of nine teams in my NL Only 5x5 roto keeper league. I need runs and HR. I have been offered J.Roll ($30) and Fowler ($16) for Hanley ($44) and Cousins ($5). I think I know the answer, but confirmation is always good. I think I should hold Hanley in case I need to sell him later for better prospects. I just don't think JRoll and Fowler really help me in this situation. The rest of my team is on the side if you are wondering.

50 Desert Eagles

Re: trade thoughts for Hanley

#2 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

I would hang on to hanram.....I am not a jroll fan. Now I would try and shop hanram, but trade a stud, get a stud.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

hoosierdaddy wrote:I am currently in 8th out of nine teams in my NL Only 5x5 roto keeper league. I need runs and HR. I have been offered J.Roll ($30) and Fowler ($16) for Hanley ($44) and Cousins ($5). I think I know the answer, but confirmation is always good. I think I should hold Hanley in case I need to sell him later for better prospects. I just don't think JRoll and Fowler really help me in this situation. The rest of my team is on the side if you are wondering.
In a vacuum, the difference between Fowler and Cousins, in a league this deep is quite significant and if you were competing, the deal is perfectly defensible.

But as you suggest, you need to consider it in context -- does it get you into the money and if not, are Rollins/Fowler keepers or can they fetch you better keepers than Hanley can. You know your league so the best I can do is pose that question.

Again, if you said something like "I am in 5th and have some lineup hole, is doing this 2 for 1 helpful", the answer would be yes.

But, you're not in 5th :cry:
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

hoosierdaddy wrote:I am currently in 8th out of nine teams in my NL Only 5x5 roto keeper league. I need runs and HR. I have been offered J.Roll ($30) and Fowler ($16) for Hanley ($44) and Cousins ($5). I think I know the answer, but confirmation is always good. I think I should hold Hanley in case I need to sell him later for better prospects. I just don't think JRoll and Fowler really help me in this situation. The rest of my team is on the side if you are wondering.
Rollins and Fowler might help you in Runs - they certainly won't add Home Runs and I think you are selling Hanley too short

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by mjlewis »

also, OF isn't really where you have holes -- replacing Heisey with Fowler is good, but your problems are Brandon Wood and (injured) Chipper.

hoosierdaddy

#6 Post by hoosierdaddy »

thanks for the input