Bud Norris for Real?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CaptainTrunk

Bud Norris for Real?

#1 Post by CaptainTrunk »

Bud Norris seems to have cut his walks down a lot this year. Is it a 1-month fluke or has he figured something out? I've been offered him and Francisco for Posey. I have plenty of offense but could use the K's and Saves. I don't want him destroying my ERA and WHIP, though.

EDIT: Frank Francisco
Last edited by CaptainTrunk on May 12th, 2011, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deansdaddy

Re: Bud Norris for Real?

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Is that Frank or Ben?

In any case Norris is pitching well. The only thing that you can be sure of is that the K's are for real. What is also real is he pitches for a pretty bad team - W's will continue to be a problem. No matter how well he is pitching - he is always at risk of a ERA and WHIP killing performance IMO. It is a risk you take on to get the K's.

I like Norris's chances to keep pitching well but I still don't think he rates a Posey (even if you are getting saves back as well). I think this might be a trade you might make later in the season perhaps to make a 2 month push in K's and saves - but Posey is the best player here and I think you might be surprised at the other offers that might come your way if you but Posey on the block for all to see. I don't think I'd make this deal but that's me.

Captain Hook

Re: Bud Norris for Real?

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I might do it in a redraft league - certainly not in a keeper league

BUT as Ryan suggests you might get more for Posey - you should advertize Posey on the block to the league (first tell your potential trade partner that your "partner" wants to make sure you aren't underselling but you would of course let him offer more if another trade surfaces)