Need a boost - make a trade. I did

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Need a boost - make a trade. I did

#1 Post by viper »

When the players on the waiver wire with the most ABs are Ronnie Cedeno, Brad Hawpe, Jose Lopez, Aaron Miles & Willie Harris, you don't figure to win your league through crafty FAAB pickups. My team needed a shake up and an owner offered up a stud off to a very slow start. I had a good player off to an incredible start. So we made a little deal. I now own Hanley and he has Andre. If you trade, never think small. This was a gold plated monster deal. No idea if my floundering team will improve but I believe that things normalize and, in this case, they do not have to totally normalize for me to be happy. Regardless, I bet this will the biggest deal in this league this season.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: Need a boost - make a trade. I did

#2 Post by Black Sox »

I'm tied for first in my 10 team mix but when another owner was looking to deal Hanley I pounced. I traded M.Stanton/C.Beltran/I.Desmond/D.Storen/J.Sheilds for Hanley/R.Rayburn/R.Roberts. The fact I was able to hold onto Either/Stubbs/Haren/Hanson makes this deal even sweeter.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc