BREAKING NEWS - Broxton removed from closers role in LA

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Captain Hook

BREAKING NEWS - Broxton removed from closers role in LA

#1 Post by Captain Hook »

Just reported on MLB network, Jonathan Broxton has been removed from the closer's role and reports are the Dodgers will go to a committee with Vicente Padilla and Hong-Chih Kuo and whomever (likely with Broxton trying to work back into the committee and then take back the role)

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: BREAKING NEWS - Broxton removed from closers role in LA

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Broken news ...it appears there may be conflicting stories out of La La Land -Dylan Hernandez has tweeted that Donnie Baseball just told Broxton that he's still the closer. Hmmm ...mixed messages front the Dodgers these days ...imagine that.

http://twitter.com/#!/dylanohernandez/s ... 1159400448
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

bxm701

#3 Post by bxm701 »

Well, it's for real now - Broxton to the DL.

Only Kuo and Padilla worth being rostered or do we think Guerrier gets some chances?

Also, anyone believe Kenley Jansen will be the Dodgers closer in the 2nd half?

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

for Now - I think it is Padilla with some chances for Kuo

later - either Broxton regains the role or it will be a committee

Jansen gave up three earned in his first minor league outing and needs to get his head straight before he will even sniff a chance

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

bxm701 wrote:Also, anyone believe Kenley Jansen will be the Dodgers closer in the 2nd half?
Nope. If you're Donnie Baseball and you've had the job for a month, do you even consider a converted catcher when there are so many other options available to you?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by SteveB »

i picked up or kept Kuo in a few leagues starting the year figuring that Broxton was hiding a problem cause he fell so far off the cliff last year.
Kuo's own DL trip couldn't have come at a worst time of the year cause i think it gave Padilla the inside route. Here i am hoping that Padilla gets a few blown ones
and quickly :)