Hanley

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
steve9781

Hanley

#1 Post by steve9781 »

Just wondering peoples thoughts on him. Small sample size will be fine, or is there a real fear he's not the stud we thought. Going into the year I was worried about the power and speed decline, has it come true? In my 10 team mix I have the ability to get him would cost me something along the lines of haren/desmond/ and another of my of which are either, young, stubbs, victriano, Stanton and beltran. Thoughts?

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: Hanley

#2 Post by viper »

I feel Hanley will be fine but may not reach the projections - just close. I would strongly consider that haren/Desmond deal. Note that I have Haren and realize how good he has been. Using Shandler's PQS scores, he is all 4s and 5s and plays Oakland this week.

As an aside, I see Desmond every day on TV. I would not be shocked to see him traded or in the minors this season. He is stealing bases [8 for 8] those few times he gets on [OBP of .253]. The real concern is his glove. LaRoche has saved many throws by Nats infielders but he cannot field the ball for them. Desmond has an inability to get the ground or thrown balls in his glove. I'm not talking tough plays but those plays infielder should make 99% of the time. On top of that, he has dropped two throws by catchers on stolen base attempts when the runner of out dead to rights. I'm not talking short hops but in-the-air throws. I would not be shocked to see Espinoza at short and another person covering second. And that other person may be a AAA/AA second bagger.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer