Start the hot hitter?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Mickey4081

Start the hot hitter?

#1 Post by Mickey4081 »

I can't believe I am currently starting Ben Francisco over Hunter Pence. Alex Gordan over Markakis too.

I gotta play the hot hitter right? I know Pence will hit but Francisco is producing so Pence hits the pines for now.

It's a daily league so I'm constantly shuffling players in and out of the lineup.

You gotta play the hot hitter right?

If Francisco keeps producing will he still lose some at bats once Brown comes back?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Start the hot hitter?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

The only metric I personally use to identify a cold hitter is strikeouts. If a player is fanning at an excessive rate, I may sit him. Otherwise, I personally believe in playing the better player with some consideration given to the park and pitching matchup.

No way to tell with Francisco and Brown will need some minor league at bats and based on his performance, they may just leave him there.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SteveB
Major League All-Star

Re: Start the hot hitter?

#3 Post by SteveB »

Stick with the better player chasing hot hitters will many times hurt you in the long run. Inevitably the minute you take out Pence he goes on a tear. Now in a daily league it wont
hurt as much but in weekly transaction leagues it seems llike the minute i bench a cold player he starts to get hot.