Need saves, and advice!!

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
bxm701

Need saves, and advice!!

#1 Post by bxm701 »

Hey all,

In some pretty desperate need for saves and may be able to swing the following deal.

I get Iannetta and Bailey for Posada.

2 Catcher league, my other C is Santana. My offense is pretty stacked (see here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3020). Although the average dip wouldn't be great for my team.

I'm thinking that this would be worth it for me but would like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks all

deansdaddy

Re: Need saves, and advice!!

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Well - Bailey isn't out of the woods yet - at the very least you need to see how his throwing sessions this week go. If he doesn't have any setbacks then I think you can start to really consider this trade a little more seriously.

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

If it were me, I'd roll the dice and make the deal. IMO if Bailey is fully cleared I'm not so sure the other owner makes the deal. You know your league better, if you can wait and be confident you'll still be able to make it then hold off.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#4 Post by alleyoops »

I'm also in favor of doing it now. No way the other owner would do it if Bailey looks like a strong bet to be healthy, and you may not have this kind of opportunity to get a strong closer cheaply.

bxm701

#5 Post by bxm701 »

Bumping this thread.

The offer is Posada and Edwin Encarnacion for Bailey and Iannetta.

What do people think now?

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

bxm701 wrote:Bumping this thread.

The offer is Posada and Edwin Encarnacion for Bailey and Iannetta.

What do people think now?
I would not make this trade
1) Bailey is NOT healthy yet....once he comes back there is risk but also immediate help in saves
2) I would much rather have Posada at C rather than Iannetta who will really hurt your BAvg