Holliday appendectomy

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

Holliday appendectomy

#1 Post by Bodhizefa »

Wow. As if the Cards needed something else going wrong for them.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

deansdaddy

Re: Holliday appendectomy

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

Man - You draft Holliday over guys like Hamilton, Cruz etc. because of his spotless Health record and then get a kick in the cojones.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by SteveB »

As a Hollliday owner i was hoping we were looking at a April fools day thing but these reports seem real.
Last edited by SteveB on April 1st, 2011, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

deansdaddy wrote:Man - You draft Holliday over guys like Hamilton, Cruz etc. because of his spotless Health record and then get a kick in the cojones.
No kidding. What an awful bit of news.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jkadagio

#6 Post by jkadagio »

Any examples of how long this typically sidelines a guy for? I read on RW 4-6 weeks...is that how long he may be gone for, or will it take that long to then begin baseball activities?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Andres Torres took 2 weeks.

Some are 3-4 weeks, others 4-6 weeks.

One report says they "caught it early" so the recovery could be less.

In today's information age, once there is a better estimate, it will be tweeted, facebooked and sent by carried pigeon throughout the land :)
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#8 Post by viper »

carrier pigeons - good eatin'
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

rotonut

#9 Post by rotonut »

SteveB wrote:As a Hollliday owner i was hoping we were looking at a April fools day thing but these reports seem real.
Maybe you can pick up Sid Finch as a replacement? I hear he's the real deal. :lol:

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Must be contagious ...understand the Appendectomy Bug just hit the White Sox. May Dunn heal as fast as Holliday did.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams