Toronto Lineup

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

Toronto Lineup

#1 Post by aburt19 »

Rotoworld is reporting that Edwin Encarnacion will be the opening day 3B, with Jose Bautista playing right field.
That leaves all sorts of questions regarding playing time in Toronto. Does this mean that Adam Lind is the starting
first baseman? If not, who is? Who loses playing time in the OF, Juan Rivera or Travis Snider? Does the loser of OF
playing time garner most of the DH at bats or will Lind stay at DH with the loser of playing time in the OF losing major
AB?

I know that no one knows for sure, but what do you think?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Toronto Lineup

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

At least as far as we are concerned with our projections, the % time is not going to change, I just may have had the positions off.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

the position they play doesn't matter because as Todd said, the playing time will remain the same.

That's because the only players on the roster to challenge for PT are:
Patterson, Podsednik, McCoy and MacDonald. eeesh

roche

#4 Post by roche »

From the Toronto beat writers, Lind is at first no matter what. Encarnacion is at 3B until Lawrie comes up from Vegas. Rivera is DH/4th OF. Everybody plays until Lawrie takes at bats from Encarnacion/Rivera.
If Toronto "contends' this year, Lawrie is up sooner rather than later. If they stumble out of the gate, they may hold him down to delay his arbitration clock.

special k
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by special k »

As someone who reluctantly bought Rivera, happy to hear of the contending contingency. I will be elected governor of my home state of Vermont before Toronto makes a serious run against Boston, NY and Tampa this year.

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

aburt19 wrote:Rotoworld is reporting that Edwin Encarnacion will be the opening day 3B, with Jose Bautista playing right field.
That leaves all sorts of questions regarding playing time in Toronto. Does this mean that Adam Lind is the starting
first baseman? If not, who is? Who loses playing time in the OF, Juan Rivera or Travis Snider? Does the loser of OF
playing time garner most of the DH at bats or will Lind stay at DH with the loser of playing time in the OF losing major
AB?

I know that no one knows for sure, but what do you think?
Not sure when you say no one knows for sure - this has been announced already

1B - Lind
3B - Encarnacion
LF - Snider
CF - Davis
RF - Bautista
DH - Rivera (although he will play some in LF/RF when days off etc)