Trading Draft Picks

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Trading Draft Picks

#1 Post by Black Sox »

Looking for people's thoughts on this...

10 Team 5x5 Mix

Offer

I deal pick 3.3 & 29.3 for 3.8 & 18.3.

Other owner really wants to move up in the 3rd round, what do other people think of this deal?
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trading Draft Picks

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

is this a redraft league?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

#3 Post by Black Sox »

Yes it is.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

If there is a guy you really want in R3 and are afraid he will be gone by 3.8, I would not do it. That said, you really have to want the guy as the 18th is a very good upgrade from 29. Having an extra 18th lets you be a little risky with one of the injured players, allowing you to back him up with the second pick that round.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord