NFBC Team

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
roman2980

NFBC Team

#1 Post by roman2980 »

Thanks to Ryan, Tom, and others who have commented. I just moved this over here in hopes of getting some more advice. I hope that's kosher.

Here's my current roster, followed by my round by round picks. I drafted in the #1 position.
I'm weak in saves and targeted as many vulture MR guys as I could in the reserve rounds. Hopefully one of my
long shot MR guys will fall into a job. And obviously I have to have Aardsma fully recovered ASAP or I might as well dump the category.
Offense should be somewhat competitive, if I play Matsui at UTIL my avg, rbi, hr's improve, but
I'll need Gomez for the SB's initially at least. I'll have to play matchups and go with the hot bat. Another weakness is that I have no serviceable bats on my bench so if I have any injuries I'll have to find stuff through FAAB. If
Greinke comes back in late April/early May, I like my SP staff. If he's out till June/July I'm in trouble.
Anyway, I'm posting my team so that y'all can criticize and critique my team/values. There are several picks I regret and would do over again if I could, but I'll wait to get y'alls input before I discuss.

Currrent Lineup:
C: montero
C: torrealba
1b: pujols
2b: pedroia
3b: bautista
SS: alcides escobar
MI: kendrick
CI: Ike Davis
OF: Rasmus
OF: VIctorino
OF: Abreu
OF: Kubel
OF: Maybin
Util: Gomez/Matsui
P: Greinke
P: Hamels
P: Lilly
P: Myers
P; Shields
P: AJ Burnett
P: Nathan
P: Capps
P: Chapman

B: Aardsma
B: Gomez/Matsui
B: Sean Burnett
B: David Hernandez
B: Downs
B: Carrasco
B: Joel Peralta

LATER POST:
deansdaddy wrote:
Hey Roman - glad to see you found your way over - and I see that you already got some responses. I'll try to give you my take later tonight if I can - but wanted to say welcome aboard.

Real quick - first order of business is to take a look at some of the bats and SP's that slipped through the cracks.

Week one could be important for you to shore up some holes.

Is Brandon Beachy out there? He just made the Atl rotation.

Mike Morse get drafted? Melky Cabrera? Jack Cust or Hafner? You need to get a little hitlist of these types of players and then jettison most of those MR's - keep the best 3 if youmust - but the rest you should be ready to say goodbye to. Week one could be your best chance to find a couple everyday position players that were not drafted.

roman2980 wrote:
Morse went in the 18th. Cabrera is definitely worth a look. I'm a little weary of Cust and Hafner (both available) b/c I already have Matsui and dont' want to handicap myself with too many DH only players (none of them qualify anywhere else.) I'd love some feed back on other guys I'm looking at, here are a few of the available hitters:

MI: Keppinger, Schumaker, Brendan Ryan, Carlos Guillen, or Renteria?
CI: Callaspo, Inge, Blake, or Hinske?
OF: Melky, Fred Lewis, Fukodome, Felix Pie, Andruw Jones, Branden Allen, and the list goes on......
SP: Masterson, Jason Hammel, Vargas, Joe Saunders, Duchsherer?

And finally, which MR to cut first?
Peralta? D. Hernandez? Sean Burnett? Downs?