Should I cut Mike Minor?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
FBP

Should I cut Mike Minor?

#1 Post by FBP »

NL only 5x5 keeper league; 10 teams; 25 players; 280 cap

I have Mike Minor at 3B (2nd year of 3 year contract). I can reserve Minor and spec on a middle releiver who may close down the road or cut him and try and re-draft him. If I cut him I can pick up Niese $3B or Jamie Garcia 5B in a trade where I give up very little.

It is actually more compiacted in that I have a surplus of minor league picks and was planning on drafting a AAA player likely to be called up prior to July to clear room on my minor league roster prior to our mid-season minor league draft. No real high upside players that fit that bill are currently avialable, but players like Sands, Cozart are. Minor might fit that bill if he is not drafted ahaed of me.

Thoughts and recommendations. Stay the course and keep Minor or trade for one of those players and cut Minor? If so, which one?