Jake Peavy

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
bxm701

Jake Peavy

#1 Post by bxm701 »

I just, for some reason, spent $4 on Peavy in a 12-team mixed that is 6x6 with holds (and therefore devalues some as you need to keep extra relievers).

Someone make me feel better about myself....

rotonut

Re: Jake Peavy

#2 Post by rotonut »

Hey... at least you didn't spend $5 :lol:

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by SteveB »

it might not be that bad of a thing worst case pick up a dollar pitcher as we get closer to take his place.

There will be some solid players on your waiver wire should he be ineffective. If he starts the year on
DL list then you can stash him and still get another player. Then when he comes back and has his first good game
use the hype to trade and upgrade a weak posititon

Bodhizefa
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Bodhizefa »

I bet Peavy's mom would be pleased!

Seriously, though, it's not too huge a deal. Peavy's got obvious upside, so you just go with SteveB's advice and find an alternate to take his place on the roster till he comes back. If he isn't pitching well after a month+, just find someone else. You'll probably have to find that production elsewhere, but there's still a chance Peavy comes back and earns that $4. There are certainly worse scenarios.
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Mr. Stay Puft! We used to roast Stay-Puft marshmallows, by the fire, at Camp Waconda.

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

From Rotoworld: - S - White Sox Jake Peavy has rotator cuff tendintis and is unlikely to be ready for Opening Day, reports Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
Peavy's bad luck continues. He had a 4.11 ERA and 8/3 K/BB ratio over 15 1/3 spring innings and White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said Saturday that he expected Peavy to break camp as the No. 5 starter. That's now very much in doubt.

Jake Peavy is at the top of the list of players you don't want to draft based on name recognition and past performances. STAY AWAY.

special k
Major League Veteran

#6 Post by special k »

Lawr spent $15 on him ...