Still looking for the following draft help!!!!!

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
bsbc

Still looking for the following draft help!!!!!

#1 Post by bsbc »

5x5
12 teams
ADP
tiered
positions
ROUNDS

can we do this?????

bsbc

Re: Still looking for the following draft help!!!!!

#2 Post by bsbc »

sorry....this in a Cheat Sheet form!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

We have tier sheets by position for 12 team 5x5 leagues. The "round" depends on the flow of the draft.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

I don't want to speak for Todd, but I seem to remember that he mentioned how the Tier Sheet that MB has is done by $ value and not Rounds. To do a list by rounds kind of runs contrary to the concept of using the Tiers to adjust to the in draft dynamics of the league you are in. So I doubt you will see the Staff put the time in to do a list that doesn't really fits the site's philosophy of how to approach your draft.

HOWEVER

I have made lists like this in the past and used them in a supporting role to the Tiers. The problem in doing a list like this is getting a set of ADP data that you agree with. I have used the NFBC data in the past for my experiments with what you have suggested. Unfortunately - you have to play in one of their leagues to get the data. They have published the Top 200 on their message board this year though. Again though - as your draft progresses - ADP data gets less and less useful. Take a player ranked #200. He could have gone as high as #150 in one draft and as low as #250 in another. That's a big potential Round swing in either direction. So - after a certain point in a draft - ADP data gives diminishing returns.

If you really feel like you want this - PM me and I can give you a template that I used in the past. You will have to do the work to fill it in, but that can be almost a more rewarding project and more useful than actually relying on it's accuracy on draft day.

bsbc

#5 Post by bsbc »

if you can e-mail me at bsbc@cox.net, that would be awesome. thanks