SS and 3 bagger

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
50 Desert Eagles

SS and 3 bagger

#1 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

I am going to try and keep this short and simple. Deep league-I got two picks of the first four after 80 keepers are off the board. My keepers are Teix1B-Peds2B-VmartC-SoriaRP. So my first needs for the best teir players are SS and 3B.
Available picks are.
AlexeiSS
Stephen DrewSS
Aramis3B
MYoung3B
PAlverez3B
MReynolds3B
VictorinoOF
StubbsOF
DYoungOF
MStantonOF
PKonerko1B
BButler1B

Now based on what is there, my thoughts are Alexei then Aramis possibly and go for OF later. We DO NOT have CI/MI positions, so an extra 1B would be Util, although I do like Billy Butler. I am torn at 3B as well. I could see Myoung making a case, but Aramis is good when he plays. Alverez has a sky for a limit too though. Thoughts?

Captain Hook

Re: SS and 3 bagger

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Well IF you get lucky enough and those are your choices be GLAD and take Pedro Alvarez with your first pick - still developing, could hit 25-30 HR this year and go from there. Young has playing time issues and IF he got traded out of Texas you might not like it so much. I just saw a shadow of Aramis Ramirez playing for the Cubs today > avoid.

If I was choosing between shortstops there it would be the Cuban Missile...but I admit I would pass on the position to get a chance to roster Stanton or Stubbs - they will be part of your teams for years and big contributors.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by SteveB »

Captain Hook wrote: . I just saw a shadow of Aramis Ramirez playing for the Cubs today > avoid.

Could you give a little more follow up on this comment ? I had him as a possible sleeper pick this year. His ADP has been dropping in the last month or so.
I see him as a potential play for some value. His last year started horribly with under .200 for a few months but he ended up down the stretch close to .300
and still had 25 HRS. Looking at the box scores he hasnt been horrible so just wondering what you saw?

Oh and sorry to steal your thread was not my intention

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#4 Post by SteveB »

[quote="50 Desert Eagles"]I am going to try and keep this short and simple. Deep league-I got two picks of the first four after 80 keepers are off the board. My keepers are Teix1B-Peds2B-VmartC-SoriaRP. So my first needs for the best teir players are SS and 3B.
Available picks are.
AlexeiSS
Stephen DrewSS
Aramis3B
MYoung3B
PAlverez3B
MReynolds3B
VictorinoOF
StubbsOF
DYoungOF
MStantonOF
PKonerko1B
BButler1B

Now based on what is there, my thoughts are Alexei then Aramis possibly and go for OF later. We DO NOT have CI/MI positions, so an extra 1B would be Util, although I do like Billy Butler. I am torn at 3B as well. I could see Myoung making a case, but Aramis is good when he plays. Alverez has a sky for a limit too though. Thoughts?[/quote

well of the first four picks you have 2 of them.

looking at your needs i think i would pass on the 1B options since locking up your UTIL is not a great move so early in the draft. The SS position you could use but I think SS is actually fairly deep this year and there will be a lot of players later in the draft that can bring value to your team.

So I think i would definetly be looking at 3B and specifically at Pedro Alvarez..from there i think i would draft for value and go for the players with the highest ceiling from the OF, SS that were left. So just rank your highest four players and your guaranteed 2 of them.

I would go
1) Pedro Alavarez
2)Stubbs
3) Stanton
4) Alexei Ramirez

would probably be my choices in order

deansdaddy

#5 Post by deansdaddy »

Your question was one I decided to sit back on and let someone else approach first.

Now that they have I can add that my first reaction was there was no way I would target Aramis ahead of Alvarez or the other names Perry and Steve have mentioned. I too am fine with Alexie as the fallback plan.

AllstonRockCity

#6 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Stephen Drew in a keeper league??!!!??

Hello.

This guys potential is off the charts.

1. Drew
2. Alvarez
3. Alexei
4. Stubbs/Stanton personal preference

2 picks in the top 4. That would be my top 4.

50 Desert Eagles

#7 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

AllstonRockCity wrote:Stephen Drew in a keeper league??!!!??

Hello.

This guys potential is off the charts.

1. Drew
2. Alvarez
3. Alexei
4. Stubbs/Stanton personal preference

2 picks in the top 4. That would be my top 4.

Lets step back and compare Drew and Alexei.

Based on there career totals there avgs are close. On 162 game avg here is what they show.

Alexei 20HR 79 Rbi 81Runs .283 avg 15SB
Drew 16HR 69 Rbi 83Runs .272 avg 7SB
OR Lets add our special addition. Player C
PlayerC 18HR 82Rbi 83Runs .263 1SB

Player C is Jhonny Peralta. One year older then Drew, but one year younger then Alexei, but two FULL more playing years. The MAIN difference is the ADP. Drew and Alexei are within touching distance, but Peralta? WOW, Some adp's are 100+ later in drafts. Yes the .20 in batting avg is a drain, but the power is there...makes you think.