Strategy Essays

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Strategy Essays

#1 Post by shif6 »

What is their estimated time of arrival now?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Strategy Essays

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Wrapping up the first set now -- a couple ended up a little more involved than when I planned them originally

-auction budgeting
-head to head strategy
-Keeper and Dynasty Strategy
-how to evaluate pitching (Gary)

will be sent to the home office tonight (Tues) for positing ASAP
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

are the next set of projections put this weekend?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm traveling all day Friday, then speaking at the First Pitch Forums in Cleveland (S at)and Chicago (Sun) so we will have the projections and values updated by Thursday night.

If I can comfortably access my laptop on the flight, I will pound out the tiers Friday. As of now, I am driving the 6 hours back and forth between sites, but hope to be able to find a flight instead, which will free up about 8 hours of content time.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

brooklyn49
Major League Veteran

#5 Post by brooklyn49 »

I thought I remembered something about an article on draft strategy too.
13 Team, Mixed, Rotisserie League with Daily Transactions
525 IP Limit; 60 Games per position
Hitting: Runs, HR, RBI, SB, BA, Hits, BB, Total Bases, OPS
Pitching: W, SV, ERA, WHIP, K's, HR Allowed, Holds, K/BB, QS

Hitting:
C: O. Narváez 1B: P. Goldschmidt 2B: C. Biggio 3B: M. Muncy SS: M. Semien MI: C. Hernández CI: C. Santana OF: M. Conforto, B. Harper, A. McCutchen, T. Edman Utility: N. Cruz
Pitching:
SP: M. Minor, K. Maeda, C. Martínez, N. Pearson, J. Montgomery, C. Bassitt
CL: H. Neris, N. Burdi, A. Bass
SU: P. Báez, Y. Petit, B. Treinen

Bench: E. Thames, N. Solak, T. Grisham, J. Berti
DL: J. Verlander, S. Oberg

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

This is just the first wave, will be doing more for the first week in March and all through the month.

Still to come is draft strategy, inflation and a comprehensive player pool analysis, along with an NFBC primer.

Then we will take requests through the rest of the month.

obviously continuing to update projections.

Oh yeah, minors stuff from Shawn Carey as well!!!

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#7 Post by alleyoops »

You 'da man!!!...Or is it... You 'da site!!!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

4 new pieces posted at the bottom of the methodology section

50 Desert Eagles

#9 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Where is the methodology section?

rotodog

#10 Post by rotodog »

Under the Platinum tools tab on the main Mastersball page...

50 Desert Eagles

#11 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Found it thanks....Ok...am I the only person that starts reading that and thought...I am totally lost on all these big fancy words? or am I the only moron in the basket here? :roll:

rotodog

#12 Post by rotodog »

50 Desert Eagles wrote:Found it thanks....Ok...am I the only person that starts reading that and thought...I am totally lost on all these big fancy words? or am I the only moron in the basket here? :roll:
What Basket? :D