Andruw Jones- Is he one injury away from...

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
whammer
Major League Regular

Andruw Jones- Is he one injury away from...

#1 Post by whammer »

seeing significant PA's this year. With an all Lefty OF and an aging DH in Posada- Can Jones see 450 PA's ? if he does what happens?

Thoughts appreciated.

W

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Andruw Jones- Is he one injury away from...

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Personally, I don't see it. If Posada gets hurt, that opens the door for Montero. Of course injuries can happen, but Swisher, Granderson and Gardner are pretty durable.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Jones doesn't rate to see that many AB even with an injury.

But there is certainly a chance for more plate appearances IF he does well with his oppportunities and gains more

deansdaddy

#4 Post by deansdaddy »

Marcus Thames got 237 AB's as the RH DH for the Yanks last year. And that number was boosted due to the injury to Granderson that gave him 23 starts in the OF.

I think 200 is a good place to start with Jones. I for one wouldn't expect any more than that. And if you remember Randy Winn last year, who the Yankees cut at the end of May. That will be Jones if he doesn't hit.