Draft Help

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
bsbc

Draft Help

#1 Post by bsbc »

looking for a fantasy baseball tier ranking with rounds? Any ideas?

Captain Hook

Re: Draft Help

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I am confused on whether you are looking for position lists that are tiered or lists of players by projected value? (which already exist you would just have to draw a line after each X depending on your league size)

bsbc

#3 Post by bsbc »

positions and rounds

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Our Platinum subscription product will be providing tier rankings by position. I am not sure what you mean by rounds as what round you take players is based on the individual draft dynamics and the intrinsic value of each player to your team, but we do provide literature discussing that though much of that will be free.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

bsbc wrote:positions and rounds
If you want to see the rounds player were drafted in a 2011 league, read the Draft Prep article that Todd and I did early this year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Captain Hook wrote:
bsbc wrote:positions and rounds
If you want to see the rounds player were drafted in a 2011 league, read the Draft Prep article that Todd and I did early this year.
Just want to point out this is part of our Platinum subscription product.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

bsbc

#7 Post by bsbc »

this is what they had last year, not this year. I love it

http://www.sportfanatics.net/fantasy/Ra ... League.htm

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

bsbc wrote:this is what they had last year, not this year. I love it

http://www.sportfanatics.net/fantasy/Ra ... League.htm
Our tiers will be very similar, but we will use dollar values, not rounds. As suggested, it is not wise to reset a round, but rather to adjust to draft dynamics.

Here are the tiers from 2009. I am bringing these back in a couple of weeks.

http://www.mastersball.com/sample/tiers2009.xls

bsbc

#9 Post by bsbc »

looks good...thanks