2011/2012: D. Jennings vs. Aroldis Chapman

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Andy

2011/2012: D. Jennings vs. Aroldis Chapman

#1 Post by Andy »

With particular emphasis on 2012, would you rather have Desmond Jennings or Aroldis Chapman under your control?

deansdaddy

Re: 2011/2012: D. Jennings vs. Aroldis Chapman

#2 Post by deansdaddy »

I think I'd rather have Jennings. I'd rather have the bat than the arm. He'll be assured of a starting spot by then and I think you'll reap more reward from him over the next few seasons.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

Agreed -- for Chapman to have value in 2012, he will have to be the closer, and he very well may be. But I would prefer to have Jennings tied up and look for a closer than have Chapman tied up and look for a player like Jennings.

Though, with that said, there are players like Angel Pagan, Rajai Davis, Nyjer Morgam etc that can he had to fill that role.

But still, I think I prefer the bird in hand. Jennings getting 600 PA is more of a sure thing than Chapman closing.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Andy

#4 Post by Andy »

Thanks folks.