Thanks for AFL posts, Perry!

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

Thanks for AFL posts, Perry!

#1 Post by Spread da wealth »

Thanks for the AFL notes, Perry. As a Michael Taylor owner, I especially like your first one.

Captain Hook

Re: Thanks for AFL posts, Perry!

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

You are welcome..............and as you will see in today's post, despite being the only hitter to hit two home runs in the first week Taylor did not win the AFL Player of the Week award

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

My final AFL blog - my ratings of the top prospects to draft and some for deeper leagues or watch lists published today :D

Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by Spread da wealth »

Fantastic. Some of them have been saved in the only league of mine with minor leaguers, but most have not. Great tips.

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Thanks spread

Now this is just a thought - I haven't consulted Rob yet, but we will have minor league prospect lists at some point (hopefully Platinum as Lawr's annual list will be)....BUT here is my question for those reading....

1) What kind of prospect lists do YOU want?
Obviously we can do an AL, NL, and mixed but I guess one aspect to consider is How Deep the lists need to be?
And if there is any other differentiation that would help you all, we would like to try and accomodate.

PVH

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Since you asked, Perry;

I'd like to see something similar to what we do with the consensus ranking for MLB players by position ; A post for the top 5 AL and NL prospects at each position and a brief snippet on ETA and who is currently blocking them (if anyone) at the levels above them. Someone like Chris Carter of Oakland - as of December, the A's have non tendered Encarnacion, Buck and Cust - if he's looking at the OF, right now it seems he only has Conor Jackson or Mike Taylor to beat out - if it's first, it's Daric Barton ... if it's DH - well.

Thought of a better one - [EDIT] Jared Goedert (wow ... Jason Godert ... not even close - good booze THAT day!) in Cleveland - can he jump Chisenhall when their respective times come. I'm not saying that these guys would make the top 5 -they're just examples of what I'd like to see. [EDIT] Do me a favor ...just forget this comment ....thought he was in high A, not AAA .... he's strictly filler.
Last edited by da_big_kid_94 on December 31st, 2010, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

Okay, thanks kid...................other ideas certainly welcome as we certainly want to make our prospect lists and information better than anything else on the web. (PS - if you are into printed versions, our friend John Sickels puts out "The Baseball Prospect Book" each year which is a valuable reference)

freddiebeach
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 roto

#8 Post by freddiebeach »

Okay been a while for me to be on hear, where is your final AFL blog?
Tim Comeau
Mactaquac Marauders

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord