September Callups

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Mojo Jojo

September Callups

#1 Post by Mojo Jojo »

any ideas on whether Mike Moustakas gets called up by the Royals?

as for 'big' names so far Ben Revere and Hank Conger and Freddie Freeman....any other highly touted callups during the rest of September?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: September Callups

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Mojo Jojo wrote:any ideas on whether Mike Moustakas gets called up by the Royals?

as for 'big' names so far Ben Revere and Hank Conger and Freddie Freeman....any other highly touted callups during the rest of September?
Word is from several sources that Moustakas will not get the call this year. Most of the other "big" names were called up in June - maybe Drabek (since he just pitched and is likely done for the year) , just to expose him to big league hitting - but I can't think of any one else who isn't already here whose teams aren't in the minor league playoffs.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

mjlewis
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by mjlewis »

Mojo Jojo wrote:any ideas on whether Mike Moustakas gets called up by the Royals?
They don't have room on the 40-man for him and have problems with the Rule 5 draft already without adding someone else.

http://www.ranyontheroyals.com/2010/09/ ... sions.html

- Mike

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Lars Anderson was called up by Boston and he will likely see some at bats as well as Kalish and Reddick.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#5 Post by CubFan »

I seriously doubt you'll see Moustakas up before June 2011. The Royals are likely a couple years away from putting together a decent...i.e. above .500 club....for a couple more years. They don't want to start his service time clock until the last possible moment. He'll likely be up but not at the start of the year. I bet Betemit keeps 3B warm till he gets up.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#6 Post by CubFan »

Todd, do you think Anderson has any chance of winning the 1B job next year?
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

CubFan wrote:Todd, do you think Anderson has any chance of winning the 1B job next year?
Even though I live in the heart of "Red Sox Nation" and am a fan, I don't follow the local media etc so I don't know what the buzz is. I just do know that Beltre is on a 1-year deal and Youkilis could play 3rd so there is a "space" or him especially if they do not resign Martinez and indeed let the option kick in for Ortiz.

That said, on a team that sorely needs some pop, I can't see them handing the 1B job to him unless they are completely sure he can handle it and at least be a #6 hitter. I don't know what is available on the free agent market, but one would assume Boston is looking at catcher and left field (or center with Ellsbury in left) and then either 1B or 3B.

So if I had to handicap, I would say there is a chance but it is rather small. This is not a team that has the luxury of letting someone like Anderson mature into the position. First base is a spot they need production and they can afford to buy it if necessary.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord