Trevor Plouffe

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
Mystique

Trevor Plouffe

#1 Post by Mystique »

Any thoughts on him?

I could use a fill in shortstop while Jose Reyes isn't hitting...will he hit enough to get enough playing time to be worth owning for the short-term?

And just curious...does he have the right stuff to be a good long-term pickup (I also have a keeper team)?

Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trevor Plouffe

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

While he does have first round pedigree, was hitting a little in AAA and there are late bloomers, Plouffe profiles as nothing more than a utility player with a decent infield glove.

Honestly, there is no way I consider subbing him for Jose Reyes. Reyes is fine, he has just been moved back to leadoff. He has not been striking out much at all, so sooner or later, the balls in play will start finding holes.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord