Markakis for C. Davis?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
JediKnights

Markakis for C. Davis?

#1 Post by JediKnights »

I have been offered N. Markakis ($16) for C. Davis ($10). Would you do the trade?

captgus
Major League Veteran

Re: Markakis for C. Davis?

#2 Post by captgus »

Without knowing how long you can keep either or your other potential keepers, a few weeks ago I traded a $13 Markakis with 1 year left, for a $10 Davis with two years left, in a 5x5 12 team mixed league. I already had two other outfielders that I was planning on keeping (Kemp $7 & Bay $18) so when the offer came up, I jumped on it.
"How can we go on a beer run when we don't have any beer left?"

The General, Spring 1991

JediKnights

#3 Post by JediKnights »

For 2010 C. Davis would be $20 and N. Markakis would be $36 for whoever has them

captgus
Major League Veteran

#4 Post by captgus »

I'd hang onto Davis unless you already had more corner infielders than you could keep. Markakis at $36 the following year seems a wee bit high to me but I'm not an AL or NL only guy so perhaps someone else could chime in.
"How can we go on a beer run when we don't have any beer left?"

The General, Spring 1991

Mojo Jojo

#5 Post by Mojo Jojo »

i think markakis' sb (unless you have someone else too) would be more valuable at this season's price - especially in a 4x4 where speed is even more valuable than in a 5x5 - than davis' power. it is a little early to speculate on markakis' value for next year, but his decline in "overall accumulation" of hrs and rbis were not due to a drop in skill. if he improves in both power/speed (which is entirely possible) he may well be worth the $36 for next year.

i think i would hang onto markakis for sure this year over davis...not sure about your rules as to you having to keep him for two yrs if you keep him this year, but for this season i like markakis at that price more than davis

JediKnights

#6 Post by JediKnights »

I was thinking the same thing - an improvement in Markakis' power/speed. Davis may be too young and inexperienced this year to take the next step up - may have some growing pains.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#7 Post by alleyoops »

Hard to believe you're even thinking of trading for Chili Davis. That guy must be 50 years old by now! :-)