What I have learned after one month

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

What I have learned after one month

#1 Post by viper »

For years I felt I wanted to cut back on my number of teams. But drafting is like a drug and you can get addicted. This year, events conspired and my typical ten teams got reduced to six. I am enjoying this season much more. My March was much less complicated and the regular season is easier to handle. I have just three Sunday FAABs to worry about. My early preparation was the same but mostly because I assumed I would have 9-11 teams. Next year will be different. I may spend the same amount of time but the emphasis will be different. With fewer teams, I can watch player's performances closer. I spend less time each week on my teams but the time spent is more productive. Easily my worst team is in the Rookie Invitational. The sad part is that I really wanted that team to do well. The season is young but the team is flawed more than my others.

My realization is that less is better.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

lawr
Major League All-Star

Re: What I have learned after one month

#2 Post by lawr »

first mike, i wish i knew what to tell you about johnson (think cla meredith?)...i saw him melt down against oakland, though and decided to stay far away.

as for teams, yeah, i totally agree. i have five roto teams, plus a strat team and a scoresheet team this year and one more online strat league looming.

i hate it.

i prefer four to five total. maybe three roto, one scoresheet, and one strat (plus somboe, online).

otherwise you get schizy and cannot focus cos you need randy winn on one team and he is floatsam on another. ugh city. not as much fun, and harder to manage.

Mickey4081

Re: What I have learned after one month

#3 Post by Mickey4081 »

What I have learned after one month....

Paul Konerko is Ryan Howard

Jason Heyward all of 20 years old does not need any minor league seasoning.

Jake Peavy is Carlos Silva

Carlos Silva is Jake Peavy

Javier Vazquez is worthy of a DROP....amazing, he is destroying team pitching stats across the board.

Mike Napoli wasn't worthy of a draft pick........so far.....

David Wright isn't the punching judy hitter of 2009

David Price isn't worthy of the hype from last year

Magglio Ordonez isn't quite finished just yet.

Chris Davis might possibly be one of the most overhyped bums to ever enter fantasy land

Alex Gordon?.......see above....is he lost or what?

Jake Peavy....omg......wow....

Speaking of the hype meter....anyone see Adam Jones?

Andruw Jones has 35-40 homer power.....again.

We knew Derek Lee would regress.....but seriously......

Colby Rasmus is heading toward studville......is that spelled right?

Justin Upton is causing major stomach pains

Mark Teixera is causing mild depression

I guess we can see why the Tigers didn't secure Granderson.

I know Jermaine Dye could help the White Sox.....