Could use a SP in AL-only league

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
garveyfan

Could use a SP in AL-only league

#1 Post by garveyfan »

9-team AL-only 5x5 roto, standard lineups...

Matsuzaka has been on the DL, and while it sounds as if he'll be back soon, I also have Mike Gonzalez on the DL -- so I have room for another pitcher...and I could use one. The wire is thin -- available pitchers are below. I don't know much about several of them...looking for thoughts about whether I should make a bid for any of them this week. Thanks much.

David Huff
Matt Harrison
Kyle Davies
Briab Tallet
Doug Fister
Jason Vargas
Freddie Garcia
Ian Snell

Andersonmatrix217

Re: Could use a SP in AL-only league

#2 Post by Andersonmatrix217 »

you might do better lookinh for a trade.
I like vargas and garcia , but the WW may get better as young pitchers come up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

If you can get over the stigma of Arlington, Harrison has the best potential peripherals of that group. If you are looking safer, Fister has good control and can take advantage of his favorable park and fine defensive support.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I would be happy to roster Harrison

Fister has to have great control to survive, but like his last start can be very effective when that is the case......right now I spot him, either at home or say @ KC or CLE

garveyfan

#5 Post by garveyfan »

Thanks guys. I'm really looking for a fill-in until Matsuzaka returns and I can get some handle on how he's pitching. Too early for a trade, and I'm reasonably comfortable with my staff as it is anyway.

I'm willing to accept some ballpark risk, so I'll target Harrison with a backup bid on Fister in case I lose out on Harrison.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by lawr »

i am not only with my mates, i have harrison on both my al only teams (though they are twelve team leagues)...