CVRC Question

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

CVRC Question

#1 Post by viper »

First, I see there are several new forums available. You may consider a CVRC forum.
Second, could you datestamp your Platinum Plan Tool postings so all can easily see when something new arrives.

CVRC questions:
1. What exactly are the fields that can be replaced with info which will not impact the calculation process. It appears the co E in hitting could be filled with anything and have no effect. Does the TM column need to be filled or can it be blak or contain other info?

2. I want to distinguish between starters, closers, steup men and MRs. Can I use the team column to put "1-S', "2-CL", "3-SU" & "4-MR". This way after i get results I can do a sort on my "new" teams and Total giving me 4 disticnt lists based on role?

BTW, quite a read.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CVRC Question

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

viper wrote:First, I see there are several new forums available. You may consider a CVRC forum.
Second, could you datestamp your Platinum Plan Tool postings so all can easily see when something new arrives.

CVRC questions:
1. What exactly are the fields that can be replaced with info which will not impact the calculation process. It appears the co E in hitting could be filled with anything and have no effect. Does the TM column need to be filled or can it be blak or contain other info?

2. I want to distinguish between starters, closers, steup men and MRs. Can I use the team column to put "1-S', "2-CL", "3-SU" & "4-MR". This way after i get results I can do a sort on my "new" teams and Total giving me 4 disticnt lists based on role?

BTW, quite a read.
A complete forum reorganization is in the works, probably early March.

1. Altering HIT column E will not impact anything. That column is included in the values worksheet for convenience

2. Yes, but you obviously lose the teams designation. If you don't care about the teams, that's fine. You can also use a new Excel worksheet, paste in the values with the team and pull in the type of pitcher designation from a master list which you will only have to generate once, assuming you save it. Then with all new values, you can pull the positions from the master list in about 1 minute. And if the names of the players are the same, you can pull in the info from other site's lists as well.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord