Prospects at SS - Both Beckhams, Escobar or Triunfel

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Prospects at SS - Both Beckhams, Escobar or Triunfel

#1 Post by viper »

Any thoughts on a SS prospect? These four seems to be the cream of the crop. Not sure how Andrus in Texas may fit with this group. It's for a dynasty league so I am looking at 2010/2011
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Prospects at SS - Both Beckhams, Escobar or Triunfel

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll see if Shawn can chime in, but there is some noise about Triunfel and Gordon Beckham changing positions. Triunfel would likely go to a corner IF or OF, with Beckham going to 2B.

Escobar is closer than Tim Beckham. Escobar profiles as a very good average, excellent speed type, with Beckham a little more rounded (little more pop, little less speed). Shawn has a much better handle on that than I.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

The problem resolved itself. By the time my pick came up, Andrus was gone and I was bit concerned about G. Beckham positional change - after all these guy are all prospects so who knows - so it became the tiebreaker. On the turn I took a pair of prospects in Tim Beckham and Madison Bumgarner. I don't know jack about Bumgarner except everything I read makes him look like a nice future pair up with Tommy Hanson.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

ShawnC

#4 Post by ShawnC »

Looks like 3B is where Truinfel is going to end up to me. I have also heard the rumblings about Gordon, but it doesn't seem to be more than the usual stuff you hear about almost any SS. I think he starts his MLB as a SS, but may move after a few years.
On the turn I took a pair of prospects in Tim Beckham and Madison Bumgarner.
Well played, sir.