Thoughts on my 12 team AL ONLY team

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

Thoughts on my 12 team AL ONLY team

#1 Post by daweasle »

This is a 12 team AL Only, set up similar to TOUT WARS. I feel ok with my auction results, looking for your opinions and recommendations to make it better:

C Pena, Brayan
C Buck, John
1B Konerko, Paul
2B Lugo, Julio
3B Teahen, Mark
SS Bartlett, Jason
MI Pennington, Cliff
CI Peralta, Jhonny
OF Abreu, Bobby
OF Sizemore, Grady
OF Rios, Alexis
OF Damon, Johnny
OF Swisher, Nick
UT Hafner, Travis
Reserve Hitters:
Thome, Jim
Thomas, Clete
Taylor Teagarden

Pitching:
SP - Peavy, Harden, Millwood, Bonderman, Romero, Wakefield
RP - Mike Gonzales, Jose Valverde, Hideki Okajima

I went a little heavy with the SP with a teensy bit of upside - I figure I will give them all a few starts and see if any look to have bounce back seasons - if they do - I keep them. If not - I will drop for a Good Middle Relief Pitcher.

I like the two closers even though neither is a stud - it should be enuf to put me in top three in saves.
According to mastersball projections - I got close to my targets in every area except a few points shy in bavg and era/whip a little higher than targeted (hopefully can drop if I add MR as needed)

Trav The Ump

Re: Thoughts on my 12 team AL ONLY team

#2 Post by Trav The Ump »

Initial thoughts, your batting average scares me. Might have to have your fingers crossed with the pitching staff. Not a terrible team though.