15 team 5x5 mixed league snake draft completed yesterday

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
burke

15 team 5x5 mixed league snake draft completed yesterday

#1 Post by burke »

Hi,

I had my first draft of the year yesterday. It was a 5x5 15 team mixed league with 3 reserves and a snake draft. It has the standard roster slots. I has the last pick. Here is who I ended up with (by round).

Round / Player

1. M. Cabrera
2. T. Lincuum
3. A. Lind
4. R. Cano
5. N. Markakis
6. Johan Santana
7. D. Lee
8. A. McCutchen
9. Alexi Ramirez
10. R. Ibanez
11. R. Soriano
12. R. Dempster
13. B. Fuentes
14. T. Lilly
15. M. Ordonez
16. C. Hart
17. B. Molina
18. J. Frasor
19. C. Blake
20. J. Peralta
21. C.J. Wilson
22. Brandon Wood
23. J. Masterson
24. E. Encarnacion
25. A. Huff
26. L. Castillo

This league has 1 catcher, 2 DH slots and daily moves. The league has been around since ~1987! What do you think of the draft? Thanks.

lawr
Major League All-Star

Re: 15 team 5x5 mixed league snake draft completed yesterday

#2 Post by lawr »

hard to ultimately know how your team stands without seeing all the other squads, but, in general it looks like a nice squad.

you are a tad light on speed, and i would give up someone to grab an extra catcher and have him stashed. i only see bengie, who is ok as a starter, and i would be surprised if he catches more than 120 games.

more important, catchers are always just a fout ball away from a busted finger and a month on the dl, and your league should be shallow enough to have pudge or someone on the reserve list you can pop in be there such an emergency.

better to have such a guy stashed than have to forage after the fact.