What would you pay for Brian Roberts in AL only?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
whammer
Major League Regular

What would you pay for Brian Roberts in AL only?

#1 Post by whammer »

Roberts is available in our AL only draft.

He will probably be discounted, What price would feel comfortable paying at auction- 20% inflation.

Thanks

jason

Re: What would you pay for Brian Roberts in AL only?

#2 Post by jason »

Not sure if it's too late or not, but we actually discussed this recently on the Fantasy Roundtable show.

With Roberts already being speculated to have less steals this year, you might be able to get him at a discount. His back injury is certainly a concern, but he's scheduled to make his spring debut on Friday and could be ready for Opening Day.

Here's my suggestion: Take Ty Wigginton as insurance. He likely won't cost you more than a few bucks, and I can't really see anyone but him getting time at 2nd base should Roberts hit the DL.

Roberts went for $19 in the FantasyPros911.com Expert League that we drafted in last week, and I would say that's about as high as I would go on him in an AL-only format.

But I'd feel more than comfortable taking him for $16-$17 if you can.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by lawr »

whammer-

in tout yesterday he went for $23.

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#4 Post by viper »

in the "for what it's worth" category, he went for $22 in my 10-team league yesterday. I recall it stalling at $19 but ending at $22. We draft in Washington so there is probably good information to lower the bid but proximity to boost bids.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer