AL only, including NL teams (values)

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Tig

AL only, including NL teams (values)

#1 Post by Tig »

So, my AL only has expanded to 13 teams and will now include the Brewers and Phillies...

Being a platinum subscriber, how off will the values be if I were to just grab those players from the NL only tiers and put them in the same tier on the AL only sheet?

Note, this is a keeper league and the 2 NL teams can/will change each year.. One of them will be the NL champ and the other will be selected by whomever wins our league..

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Re: AL only, including NL teams (values)

#2 Post by viper »

CVRC can be run by changing the league designation of the NL teams from "N" to "A".

No answer aside from that. I'm not a keeper players although I have a Dynasty team. Question though is can an NL player be retained as a keeper even if that player's team in no longer one of the NL teams being used?
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Tig

#3 Post by Tig »

viper wrote:Question though is can an NL player be retained as a keeper even if that player's team in no longer one of the NL teams being used?
as it stands, a player can be kept for 1 year if their team isnt one of the 2 NL teams the following year..

beings that this is the first year with such a setup, Im not sure that will continue. I have a feeling some bias will soon come into play as to which team the winner picks as the 2nd NL representative based on his keepers or someone elses keepers...

rotodog

#4 Post by rotodog »

Tig wrote:
viper wrote:Question though is can an NL player be retained as a keeper even if that player's team in no longer one of the NL teams being used?
as it stands, a player can be kept for 1 year if their team isnt one of the 2 NL teams the following year..

beings that this is the first year with such a setup, Im not sure that will continue. I have a feeling some bias will soon come into play as to which team the winner picks as the 2nd NL representative based on his keepers or someone elses keepers...
No doubt about it...Bias will be in play.. if I won and had a great NL keeper, I would make decisions based on that...

If I won and someone else had a Super great keeper and I had zero NL keepers, that would affect my decision too..

Or If I won and wanted to pay anything for the best NL SS available on draft day, that would affect my decision too..

But I guess thats one of the perks of winning....Actually, its a neat little concept..

AllstonRockCity

#5 Post by AllstonRockCity »

The best way to do what was asked in the original question is to:

sort by team on the players page of the CVRC
change the Brewwers and Phillies to A in the league column
set up your league as an AL only on the league set up page
sit back and let the CVRC do the rest of the work