MY AL ONLY LEAGUE KEEPER LIST

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

MY AL ONLY LEAGUE KEEPER LIST

#1 Post by daweasle »

i HAVE TO PAREDOWN KEEPERS LIST SOON - LOOKING FOR INPUTS.

This league is 9 teams AL Only- it's a league where if you have a rookie on your minors list, you can call him up and keep him for 7-8 bucks forever. (how i got carl crawford and vernon wells for example at their prices)
If you add a guy who is traded from NL to Al - you can keep him for $15 forever.

I can keep up to 15 - but i was ravished with trades and free agents signings and stuff this off season so I only have about 14-15 guys to consider.

Here's my list:

C
C
1B MARK TEIXIERA 15
2B BEN ZOBRIST 15
3B JOSE LOPEZ 17
SS
MI MARK ELLIS 1
CI *****************miguel cabrera - $62
OF J D DREW 12
OF carl CRAWFORD 8
OF GUTIERREZ 7
OF TORI HUNTER 38
OF VERNON WELLS 7
UT LUKE SCOTT 9
UT

P GAVIN FLOYD 1
P JAMES SHIELDS 5
P KEVIN MILLWOOD 3
P
P SCOTT FELDMAN 15
P
P
P
P
P

Miguel Cabrera is severely over priced - but he's the guy who will sell for $64 if I throw him back. (maybe?)

I don't know where to go with him - but what about everyone else - is there anyone else you would toss back in to the fray?

I am on the fence with feldman at $15 - he might be worth it ?? (probably not)

but with the massive discounts people get due to our rules - inflation is crazy sick

Captain Hook

Re: MY AL ONLY LEAGUE KEEPER LIST

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would throw back Cabrera (even if he does go for that much, you can buy him back or he will suck up your competitors $$), Millwood, and Hunter and keep everyone else

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I agree with the Captain. But if you are looking for guys to get rid of, for whatever reason, JD Drew at $12 in a 9 team AL only doesn't scream "keep me!!". Nothing wrong with keeping him at that price, but if you needed to free up the spot or the cash he'd be the next to go.

rotodog

#4 Post by rotodog »

I would dump Feldman and Millwood...But I would not dump Hunter one bit in your format....Not one..

I might even keep Miggy... But if you dump Fledman and Millwood you have spent about 135 bucks without Miggy...

The only things I would do is look at other rosters and cross of the potential keepers others have. Make sure there is enough in the player pool to buy on draft day. it sounds like very little will be available....

Whatever you do, I dont think you can dump both Miggy and Tori hunter... What will 60 bucks buy on draft day? If 60 bucks will buy you 3 solid players for 20 each so you can fill out your offense, then you can spend the most of the rest on pitching......But if 60 bucks buys you Ryan Garko, jorge posada and Maz izturis to man CI, C and SS for you, then I say keep Miggy....

ssmarsh

#5 Post by ssmarsh »

Assuming it's a $260 cap league, you'd be keeing almost 24% of your payroll on just one player if you kept Cabrera. Throw him back.

lawr
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by lawr »

i would be inclined to toss miggy, but, it also depends upon who else of the studly type might be dropped back in. if no one, then he is at a premium but, he is yours.

if so then i would drop hunter and maybe feldman.

i like feldman, but am guessing you can get him back for less. and, i understand dropping millwood, but, he is cheap. could you get him back for a buck? in a shallow league, probably, but you know your opponents better than i.