Hitting updates - positions

A board to test all the settings...
Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

Hitting updates - positions

#1 Post by Tampa Bob »

Is it just me or are some of the positions out of whack on the new AL hitting projections? Asdrubal Cabrera at 2B, Peralta and Bloomquist at SS, Swisher and Cuddyer at 1B. There are probably more that I didn't catch.

Thanks... Dale
10 team AL only. 4x4 with strikeouts. No drops without IL or Minors. Can keep 5 up to 3 years if $10 or under.
C: D. Jansen - $3, Y. Diaz - N/A 1B: V. Guerrero - $1 2B: J. Polanco - $4 SS: B. Witt - $1 3B: A. Bregman - $22
CR: E. Duran - $1, UT: J. Westberg - N/A
OF: K. Tucker - $1, J. Rodriguez - $1, E. Oliveras - $1, J. Kelenic - $3, M. Vierling - N/A.
SP: K. Maeta - N/A, T. Skubal - N/A, G. Cole - $46, Z. Eflin - $3, C. Sale - N/A, J. Montgomery - N/A

RP: K. Jansen - $23, C. Holmes - $27.
Minors: G. Rodriguez, A. Volpe, K. Manzardo, B. Lee, C. DeLauter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Hitting updates - positions

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, it's you :D

Those players are all eligible at those positions.

When players are eligible at multiple positions, we use the following hierarchy:

C>2B>SS>3B>1B>OF

Though an argument can be made to switch 2B and SS and OF and 1B.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

#3 Post by viper »

PPOS is where his replacement players numbers are found. QPOS is the key. I, like many, use CA & OF since I want to totally discount scarcity. Well actually I calculate both to see the differences. Except for catching, it is within what I consider is the random factor or, for me, $6.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Tampa Bob
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: Rotisserie Auction

#4 Post by Tampa Bob »

I hate it when it's me although I learned from years of tech support that if you say it's someone else it'll turn out to be you.

Our Neanderthal League uses a single position and it's whatever they did last year most often. I hope my wife doesn't find out I need to run through the spreadsheets AGAIN.

Thanks for the quick reply, Todd.