Kerry Wood injury fallout

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

Kerry Wood injury fallout

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

I see two directions the Indians can go and a lot depends on Chris Perez:
- If Chris Perez dominates he could keep the job all season
OR (more likely IMO)
- Wood assumes the closer role when he returns...since the Indians most likely will not be competing for the playoffs, Wood would then be auditioned with the idea of trading him at the deadline and Perez moves back into the role

If Perez stinks in the role then this question is irrelevant.

Thoughts?
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Kerry Wood injury fallout

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I think what you think.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

david_hume

#3 Post by david_hume »

I think Perez is unlikely to stink in the role.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

david_hume wrote:I think Perez is unlikely to stink in the role.
I think you're right.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Mickey4081

#5 Post by Mickey4081 »

Whether or not Perez is successful in the closer role, Kid K will take over closing duties once he is ready.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#6 Post by CubFan »

Woods is signed through this year with a vesting option for 2011. If Woods is healthy before the AS break and the Indians are out of it at that time it won't matter how well Perez is throwing, they have to build Woods trade value up. If the Indians are playing well then who knows.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -