Mike Napoli projection

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Hambowen

Mike Napoli projection

#1 Post by Hambowen »

Hey guys,

I was wondering how much of Napoli's Ab's if any was based on him getting some DH time? Now with Abreau signing I would assume those DH Ab's would go away. Have a deal in the works that includes him so was just wondering so I could make an adjustment on value.

Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mike Napoli projection

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I just reworked the Halos playing time and did not alter Napoli at all. He remains a high-risk, high reward option at catcher, with tremendous power, a little speed and a very volatile batting average who is a bit of a health risk and also has a better than normal backup in Jeff Mathis in case he slumps.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Hambowen

Re: Mike Napoli projection

#3 Post by Hambowen »

OK Thanks Todd.

I am fine with taking the risk on him but just wanted to make sure that a lot of his value in your projections was not based on DH Ab's. Since they are not then I will not change my thoughts on him.